Saturday, December 4, 2010

Of Powder and Partnerships...

Oh I am so fed up of this snow by now...
It's been exactly a week to the hour since it started snowing, and it hasn't budged since...
Sure, say you my wonderful audience, you're glad to have no school? No tests? No homework?
And I reply yes, but there is only so much a man can take...

In 7 days I've
  • Been outside 5 times
  • Spent roughly 13 hours a day attached to a screen of some sort
  • Have seen 2 friends
  • Have seen my girlfriend 0 times
  • and have been given out to by my mother on an uncountable number of occasions...
All in all I'm quite bored, but fascinated by how the Australian bowling attack (or defence at this stage you might say) have seemed to developed a dangerous allergy to taking the wicket of Alastair Cook or Johnathon Trott. As I type, these two batsman have managed to accumulate 482 runs together without being dismissed, if this was an old fashioned Timeless Test we could be here til Christmas, and Trott would have dug himself halfway to Canada...
But surely by then Ricky Ponting will have brought in their wicket taking hero from the First Test; the spin-maestro Marcus North (someone should invent a sarcasm font...), we shall see, as long as I keep my coffee reserves full...

Over and out...

2 comments:

  1. You need to get a hobby, man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh... The limited hobbies I have usually suffice for the 8-hour day that I usually work in...

    ReplyDelete