Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ooh look I'm Complaining...

Stupid YouTube...
As it turns out, once you've chosen your username, you can never change it. Ever.
The only way to do so is to delete your entire account and start afresh.
I just encountered this problem about 5 minutes ago (to me, not you, unless you're The Doctor, in which case I LOVE YOU!), anyway back to reality, I thought it would be a good idea to change my YouTube account name for 3 reasons.
  1. The name (Turkeyjekey) was from an old joke among friends, which I cannot remember anymore.
  2. The name was actually meant to be TurkeyJerkey (alas, I didn't notice until too late)
  3. I thought it would be a good idea to start using a universal name for all my online travails. (ACarnivalOfSorts, or variations thereof)
So, I dawdle into YouTube, and go to change my name, can't find any relevant options, go to the theoretical Help Desk, and find out you cant, you simply can't. Who the hell designed that feature?! Whoever it was, he must have been delighted with his name choice...

So, I make the difficult decision to delete my old account, with all my comments, my subscriptions, my all, and start a new one. And voila! Here it is: ACarnivalOfSorts. Pretty barren aye? I'll try catch up with all my old subscriptions and friends again, but I can't make any promises... And who knows, there may be a vlog in the works if I ever get a camera....

Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. I know, I'm the same way.... My accounts TheStraightLesbian, and I actually have a few subscribers even though I've never put up a video.... can't exactly show it to my family if I do, though, can I? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you show it to your family?
    I keep mine away from anything I do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. S'pose... They ain't never gonna see my blog anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete